Makes about 1 quart
- 2 vanilla beans or 2 teaspoons of alcohol free vanilla flavor
- 2 cups of organic cashews or cashew pieces
- 2 cups of purified or spring water
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- Cut the Vanilla bean into small pieces. Grind to a fine powder in a clean coffee grinder.
- Combine the ground vanilla, cashews, water and syrup in a blender. Blend on high until silky smooth--at least 1 minute.
- Place the blender int he freezer for 40 minutes to 1 hour or in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to overnight--until well chilled.
- Pout the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve immediately or transfer to airtight containers and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Add goji berries, carob, chips, nuts, seeds or frozen fruits to make different flavors. You won't believe the taste of this wholesome, naturally good for you dessert! Enjoy!