As a sustainability specialist in the spa and beauty industry, I have tried many high quality skin care products. Part of my job is to analyze ingredient declarations to ensure the accuracy of natural and organic marketing claims. Because of this unique experience, many of my friends often ask about skin care lines found outside the spa, too, such as those offered in natural grocery or health food stores.
One line I came across recently is Nourish Organic, found locally at Whole Health Center Natural Foods. I took close look at this brand on their website and tried the Moisturizing Organic Facial Cleanser With Cucumber and Watercress and the Organic Lavender Mint Body Butter.
The cleanser is unscented and a little goes a long way. Being over 40, I have mature skin, and I found that this cleanser is very soothing and moisturizing but also leaves my face feeling clean.
The body butter features a luscious blend of shea butter, coconut oil, and other deeply moisturizing plant oils. Its scent is an intoxicatingly perfect balance of relaxing lavender and fresh mint. But what I loved best is that it melts on contact, making it easy to gently rub it into parched skin.
So the line overall? Here’s what to love:
- Third party certified organic. When personal care products meet the rigorous standards of the USDA National Organic Program (NOP), which is a food standard, it means that they must be 95% to 100% organic and made with food grade ingredients. So this product is what it says it is—organic.
- Containers are made with 25% post-consumer recycled content (PCRC). This is great because not only does Nourish Organic recycle, they also close the loop by purchasing containers made of recycled materials.
- Cruelty-free! This brand has earned the Leaping Bunny logo administered by Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics. This third party certification ensures that animal testing was not conducted in any phase of product development by the company, its suppliers, or its laboratories.
- Nearly all products are vegan with the exception of a few containing beeswax.
- It’s affordable! Last but certainly not least is that this line is very economical. The body butter was $8.49 and the cleanser was $12.99, great price points for everything listed above. Many natural and organic lines are much more expensive. I love brands that make it easy for just about anyone to afford safe, clean products. *High five* to Nourish Organic!